- Ideal Implant
- Mevion
- Sensus HealthCare
- ViewRay
- Viveve
- Xoft
- HanBeam Tech

ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 17-05-04 23:23
Xoft¡¯s First Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI) Patient, Sandra Wood Celebrates 10-Year Treatment Anniversary
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ
Á¶È¸ : 2,007  
My name is Sandra Wood, and I live in Powder Springs, Georgia.  On March 28, 2017, thanks to God and many wonderful doctors, I celebrated my 10 year cancer-free anniversary!  It was on this date 10 years ago that I received the first radiation treatment known as IORT using the Xoft¢ç Axxent¢ç Electronic Brachytherapy (eBx¢ç) System¢ç.

As I look back to March 28, 2007, I recall how anxious I was on the day of my first Xoft treatment.  This was not my first encounter with breast cancer. I also had breast surgery for removal of a malignant tumor in 2002 followed by traditional chemotherapy and radiation treatments.  Yet, as the time approached for the Xoft treatment to begin, I found myself still a little nervous.

I knew I was about to embark on a new and experimental treatment; and, found myself very apprehensive and not exactly sure what to expect.  However, when the procedure began, my comfort level rose significantly as I realized the technicians and other hospital staff were allowed to stay in the room with me at all times!  I was never alone in a closed room as in 2002—just me and the radiation machine!  In addition, it was very comforting to know that the new treatment would be directed specifically to the tumor area and would not affect any other area of my body. The treatments were administered twice daily for only five days, as opposed to 33 traditional radiation treatments, over 5 to 6 weeks, in 2002. 

It has been 10 years since my second lumpectomy; and, I am happy to say that, so far, all my follow-up doctor visits and mammograms have been clear with no evidence of any pain or cancer!  I remain grateful to Dr. Israel; the Kennestone Hospital staff; and, especially Xoft, a subsidiary of iCAD, Inc. with all its employees, who worked, and continue to work, diligently and tirelessly to research and develop new procedures that enable patients like me to enjoy happy cancer-free lives!

Sandra Wood, Xoft¡¯s First APBI Patient
Powder Springs, GA