- Ideal Implant
- Mevion
- Sensus HealthCare
- ViewRay
- Viveve
- Xoft
- HanBeam Tech

ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 21-08-23 13:48
Huntsman Cancer Institute Begins Treatment with Mevion Compact Proton Therapy System | Mevion Medical Systems
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ
Á¶È¸ : 761  
   https://www.mevion.com/newsroom/press-releases/huntsman-cancer-institu¡¦ [284]
HCI is the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in the Mountain West.

LITTLETON, Mass., JUNE 24, 2021 - Mevion Medical Systems today announced that the first proton center in the Mountain West, the Senator Orrin G. Hatch Center for Proton Therapy, has opened at Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI) at the University of Utah (U of U) and began treating patients on May 11th with the MEVION S250i Proton Therapy System¢ç. Despite the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Mevion team successfully installed the MEVION S250i in 7 months from the delivery of the accelerator.

HCI is the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in the Mountain West and serves a geographic region that includes all of Utah, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, and Wyoming.

¡°After more than a decade of monitoring and evaluating the evolution of proton therapy technology, along with the needs of our patients, we are excited to officially launch our proton center and to provide this extraordinary treatment option to our patients,¡± said Bill Salter, Ph.D., Senior Director of Radiation Oncology at HCI and Professor and Chief of the Division of Medical Physics at the U of U. ¡°Our initial experience of treating both adult and pediatric tumors has already made evident the unique clinical capabilities of proton technology.¡±